This is another recipe that never fails to be at all our family gatherings. Although its a salad, my brother insists it is a main course and could probably eat a whole bowl by himself.
Think of this more as a slaw than a salad, but it uses the usual salad ingredients. The longer it sits the better it is. But don’t worry, you can serve it right away if you can’t wait 24 hours.
I’ve included toppers in the recipe as optional, but they really aren’t. Its just not the same without the works. And did I mention? Bacon…everything is better with bacon. Mom used to cook more than a pound of bacon per the recipe because we couldn’t help but snack.
24 Hour Cauliflower Salad
- 1 head lettuce, chopped
- 1/2 head cauliflower, chopped
- 1 medium red onion, diced
- 2 cups Miracle Whip
- 1/4 cup sugar, white
- 1/2 cup Parmesan Cheese, grated
- 1 pound bacon, diced and cooked
- 1/2 cup cheddar cheese, grated
- 1/4 cup green peas (use frozen)
- Mix Miracle Whip, sugar and cheese, and half of the cooked bacon.
- Mix lettuce, cauliflower and red onion in large bowl with lid.
- Place dressing on base and spread across top and seal edges as you would a meringue.
- Tightly cover and refrigerate for 24 hours.
- Just before serving, sprinkle on toppers of your choice and mix well.